Thursday, September 1, 2011

On the Weekly Torah Portion

As a brief word of introduction to my new blog:

I have decided to start this blog for a variety of personal reasons, none more important than the simple fact that I love learning the Torah. As shaliach tzibbur (religious leader) at Hillel for my last two years in university I would often research and prepare a d'var Torah (sermon) on the parshat ha'shavua (weekly Torah portion).  It was a great incentive for learning new things, and every time I reread the Torah portion it seems something new strikes me.  I hope this blog will be a similar incentive.

Also - as I have just returned from a summer in Israel in yeshiva and am beginning to get acquainted with the "real world" and working I don't want to get swept up with "life" and forget the most important part of my life is my Judaism, which rests fundamentally upon the study of Torah.  

From anyone that reads I would love to hear comments/feedback/questions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment